I am a cake obsessive, based in West Sussex, UK.

I started off making cakes for family and friends before giving up a proper career in favour of playing with sugar full time. Having worked for two bakeries making their wedding and celebration cakes, I am now looking toward world domination with breaks for coffee and chat.

If you are interested in seeing future projects, enter your email address in the box on the right for updates.

To see my website go to: www.kasserina.com. You can email me on info@kasserina.com.

I also sell some sugarcraft items on Etsy. Please go to https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KasserinaHome?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Thanks for looking!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Sunshine girl birthday cake - September 2015

Our amazing, talented and very treasured girl has another birthday.  


The design was inspired by a wedding cake design that she came up with herself a few weeks back. 


Start them young... the lure of cake doesn't hurt of course. She says when she's big she plans to work in the bakery with me so she can draw and eat cake mix all day.  (She's not worked out how much washing up is involved yet!)

I added to the words she had on her version, words about who she is.





The brief for this cake was "girly, maybe with some nail varnish, but definitely with lots of coloured cake inside like the Hungry Catapiller cake you did".  

As you can see from the off cuts below, coloured cake...check! 😉


Beautiful sunshine, I can't believe how grown up you are.  
We love you darling girl.  
Always be you, you are awesome!!!
xxxx

P.S.  The cake didn't last long once the kids saw the rainbow layers inside!



No comments:

Post a Comment