I am a cake obsessive, based in West Sussex, UK.

I started off making cakes for family and friends before giving up a proper career in favour of playing with sugar full time. Having worked for two bakeries making their wedding and celebration cakes, I am now looking toward world domination with breaks for coffee and chat.

If you are interested in seeing future projects, enter your email address in the box on the right for updates.

To see my website go to: www.kasserina.com. You can email me on info@kasserina.com.

I also sell some sugarcraft items on Etsy. Please go to https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KasserinaHome?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Thanks for looking!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween Cake - November 2013


Halloween birthday cake for my god son.  
Snakes, bats and scary stuff.  
Check.






Bottom tier was citrus sponge with fresh raspberry buttercream.  
Middle tier chocolate fudge cake with dark chocolate buttercream.  
Top tier red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.



Cut some graveyard shapes out to make a stencil to airbrush.
Came out a bit fuzzy, but doesn't really matter too much as the idea is that I build up layers and wanted them to look a bit misty.


Royal icing detail, then fondant pieces.



Add some bats and a spider once at the party and there's a scary halloween cake for the birthday boy.


Enough cake to feed about 120 people, might have over catered again, but actually it was quite a big party and I think we doled out about 60-70 slices.




Happy Halloween!

Mwah-ha-ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment