I am a cake obsessive, based in West Sussex, UK.

I started off making cakes for family and friends before giving up a proper career in favour of playing with sugar full time. Having worked for two bakeries making their wedding and celebration cakes, I am now looking toward world domination with breaks for coffee and chat.

If you are interested in seeing future projects, enter your email address in the box on the right for updates.

To see my website go to: www.kasserina.com. You can email me on info@kasserina.com.

I also sell some sugarcraft items on Etsy. Please go to https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KasserinaHome?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Thanks for looking!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Monster wedding cake March 2014


My friend Clare needed a wedding cake to feed upwards of 170 people as a desert at her sister's wedding on Saturday.  Clare's very talented daughter is to decorate the cake with hand made red sugar roses and a London bus, so they just needed the cake.  

We settled on tiers sized 12", 10" and 8" in citrus rainbow cake with orange and elderflower frosting, chocolate fudge with dark chocolate frosting and vanilla rainbow with white chocolate frosting.

It's always hard to photograph scale. 

Big cake out of the oven:

Trim to size:

Crumb coat:

Iced and doweled:

Stacked top two tiers and prepared for transport:

I left the top two tiers seperate to the bottom one as they have to travel and because they are so heavy that it will be very difficult to lift the while cake at once.

When I delivered the cake in fact, Clare and her family were somewhat taken aback by the size of the cake... I must remember to make sure that people understand how big a wedding cake to feed 170+ in desert portions is!!!

Don't think I'll do any more rainbow cakes though.  They are just so time consuming and you have to be so careful as the colours can effect the taste and texture.

Here's a photo of some of Cerys' decoration of the cake, waiting in the box to be taken to the venue.  She really is very good!!


Finished cake... Cerys has done such an amazing job decorating this cake!




No comments:

Post a Comment